Easter Baskets for Kids and Dinners for Families
- Around Easter time, LSSN partners with the Housing Authority to provide Easter Baskets to local children. We need donated food for Easter dinners such as hams, boxed mashed potatoes, corn, rice, macaroni, and small side items. Volunteers are needed to help assemble and deliver the baskets.
Back to School Backpacks
- From mid-July to mid-August, LSSN collects donations of backpacks and school supplies for needy children as they get ready to go back to school. If you would like to donate school supplies, please click on the following icon for the list of suggested supplies:
Peanut Butter Drive
- July and August are our months for the Peanut Butter Drive when we ask all the congregations and agencies to collect peanut butter. We include it as part of pantry nutrition program. Volunteers are needed to help coordinate at churches and businesses to make this drive a success!
Thanksgiving Dinner Distribution
- Each year LSSN distributes Thanksgiving dinners to seniors and families in need. We collect turkeys along with all of the “trimmings” such as boxed mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, gravy, and canned vegetables. Volunteers are needed to help assemble and distribute the baskets.
- LSSN’s “Adopt-A-Family Program” spreads holiday joy to those in need. Each year we seek sponsors who can provide gift items for our clients and their families. We provide our sponsors with a Wish List for their shopping convenience. Sponsors may choose to support a family of any size, from two to even ten or more. From past experience, sponsors typically spend $50 to $100 per household and/or $20 to $50 per individual child. If you would like to sponsor an individual or family, please click here to download the Christmas Program Sponsor Form.
- Volunteers are typically needed two weeks before Christmas to help with the final organization and distribution of the gifts.
Would you Like to Help?
- Can you donate food for our Holiday Programs? We ask that you drop it off at the Food Pantry at 73 Spectrum Boulevard, open from 8:00 am to 11:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. The pantry is closed on Thursday. If you cannot deliver food to the pantry, please contact Derrick Felder at email@example.com or 702-639-1730 to schedule a time for pick-up.
- Can you volunteer your time to help with our Holiday Programs? Please contact Marisa Cervantes at Marisa@lssnv.org or call 702.639.1730.