Whether your talent is working on special projects, assisting in the food pantry, stuffing envelopes, fundraising, or contributing in other ways, you are making a positive contribution to the lives of every individual that steps through our door. At LSSN, we think of our volunteers as staff members. Each job at LSSN has assigned duties and responsibilities and we hold our volunteers accountable for performing those duties in a professional manner. Our code of ethics requires that our volunteers treat our clients, staff, and other volunteers with kindness and respect. We believe this will help make your experience as a volunteer with our agency a pleasant and rewarding one.
Volunteer Opportunities: There are a number of volunteer opportunities at LSSN including:
- Working in our emergency services food pantry to assist clients, weigh and record food disbursements, place food in bags, stock the shelves, or pick up food from various donation sites
- Working in our office to answer the phones, welcome clients, determine client eligibility for services, enter client information into our record keeping system
- Assisting in the office with general duties such as data entry, book-keeping, filing, copying, etc.
- Cleaning the pantry and offices
- Doing maintenance at our housing units and keeping the grounds clean
- Working at one of our numerous holiday food drives to assemble and deliver baskets
- Fundraising to help support our numerous programs
- Event registration, set up or break down
Please fill out and submit the form below. For more information about volunteer opportunities or to register for an upcoming event, please contact Derrick at (702) 639-1730. Thank you for supporting our organization’s mission in such a meaningful way!