It has been 272 days since our last 100-degree day here in Las Vegas-a veritable winter here in Las Vegas especially with the Vegas Golden Knights winning the Stanley Cup in ice hockey. But here at Lutheran Social Services, things are heating up! Here are a few highlights of some of the impact here at our Boulder Highway Collaborative as well as at our sites in Las Vegas and North Las Vegas.
- Over the last two years we served an average of 3500 per month.
- We often help 100 families a day at the pantry at Boulder Highway with food, hygiene products, and other supplies. We serve 600,000 pounds of food per year. Our Open Air Markets serve about 250 families per month and we just started a satellite pantry location at Holy Spirit Lutheran.
- Our employment navigators have helped 10 people get interviews and employment in the last month. One man, who was unemployed for over four months and on the verge of homelessness, got a job at Amazon as a delivery driver. His life is looking better!
- We helped 143 families with housing in the last year. We help those who are going through financial difficulties to get Birth Certificates and State Issued IDs to remove barriers that they have for employment, housing, or education.
- We served 380 children from 229 families at our Easter event and hope to serve over a thousand children at our Back-to-School Drive. You can get involved! To collect, partner, volunteer, or give click here!
- This year, along with our partners, we are serving 10,000 hot meals for seniors and bring many together who would otherwise not have a place to congregate.
- We have ongoing nutrition classes, live cooking demonstrations, Bingocize, and other Senior Supportive Services. We are expanding our facility to serve even more seniors! Stay tuned for more news about the upcoming launch of our JOURNEY Senior Services Center.
Check out our recently released impact video below!