Open Air Markets
A Season of Gratitude
A Season of Gratitude started at Lutheran Social Services of Nevada in late 2023 with 85 LSSN clients, volunteers, staff, community partners and friends share testimonials of gratitude. Check out a few gratitude nuggets below and a video compilation at the bottom. Thank you so much for giving, donating, advocating, partnering, and getting more involved with LSSN!
- Jessie: LSS is amazing and I’m proud my teen decided to spend vacation volunteering with you all. She took away so much from the experience and said the moments when they saw the kids faces light up and the parents relief, made them feel so confident in the task at hand. Thank you for being such a blessing to our community and to all the amazing volunteers; Merry Christmas!
- Kristen: I just want to cry right now… you have no idea [after receiving a gaming desktop and monitor for her 16 year old son for Angel Tree]… this will help him make something of himself.
- Daniella: My name is Daniella and my kids were blessed with gifts through the Angel Tree Christmas program this year and I wanted to send a huge thank you for the blessing. It’s been a very rough few months since we moved here in August and seeing the smiles on my kids face gave me so much joy.
- Tiger (Community Partner from HERO School): What I am grateful for is that Lutheran Social Services has been on the front lines of getting struggling people over their hurdles since we first worked together in 1995 – and they continue to go beyond the call.
- Jill (Holy Spirit Lutheran Church): Having the ability to assist others who have food insecurities by doing the Open Air Market.
- Michelle: My children and I are very grateful and thankful for Lutheran social services of Nevada 🙏 for helping us to have a home and no longer being homeless. You have helped when others shut the door. You have given us support and continue to care when no one else would. We are beyond blessed to have found you in a time of great need. It’s been a dark storm and you have been our umbrella. Being a single mother and victim of crime we had no family or support & you provided shelter and stability and we pray for you daily and are forever grateful God put you in our path. When I am able to give back to others you’re the first place I will go. Thank you and all that support you. Sincerely Michelle and kids 🙏
- Jocelyn: I am very grateful for Lutheran social services for keeping a roof over my families and my heads. We are able to have stability and a safe home. We were homeless 6 months ago and by the grace of God they helped us. I am thankful for your help through this time God bless you all.
- Jack: Being a single parent I received help from lutheran social.services.Me & my special needs child are so grateful for all the groceries that you provide us monthly..We are so deeply humble &appreciate all the help.Thank you &God bless
- Immer (volunteer): I am grateful to volunteer every Wednesday because LSSN is close to where I live and it gives me a chance to give back!
- John: It’s great to have a place to go to in a time of need.
- Robin (volunteer): once every couple of weeks there is a lady that really we are able to help and she gives me a really great hug. I love it here.
- Tony: I’m grateful to be alive, I have a healthy body, and the Lutheran group is here in my time of need. I was able to get food without a lot of effort and I appreciate that so much.
- Nelly (volunteer): I have been volunteering for 5 years and I brought one my good friends here… and we have the opportunity to put together food bags, homeless bags, hygiene bags to help people in the community. I am grateful for the people here who are so cheerful and helpful.
- Kathy (Community Lutheran Church): We are so thankful for those that donate yarn in our knitting and crochet ministry so we can make hats, scarves, hospice blankets, baby items, and we love to do it and it keeps our time in God’s hands. Thanks for distributing those items to those who need it.
- Sheril I moved here to take care of my 85 year old mother… otherwise we wouldn’t have enough food and enough to drink. What you give me.. I am blessed that it is her dietary needs and I am very grateful for that.
Let us spread the love and get ready for the 2023 Peanut Butter Wars to begin! This protein packed treat is loved by the whole family including kids, parents, grandparents... even some pets enjoy a little skippy! We will also utilize donated peanut butter at our...
Several school administrators nearby our Boulder Highway location have reached out to us to ask what services we can provide to some of their families in distress. There are five elementary schools within a one mile radius. We normally do an Easter basket drive for...
We are so excited to be a part of the employment journey for so many; our Employment Navigators just helped a young man from Venezuela get a great IT job! We also recently had our first hiring event with Amazon and 13 job seekers came to this instant hiring event. It...
It has been 272 days since our last 100-degree day here in Las Vegas-a veritable winter here in Las Vegas especially with the Vegas Golden Knights winning the Stanley Cup in ice hockey. But here at Lutheran Social Services, things are heating up! Here are a few...
As I am writing, we have a production team at our headquarters doing a documentary on homelessness. The team has interviewed hundreds of people to identify root causes. Even though there are overarching societal issues at play, such as housing prices, every person has...
When I (Martin from LSSN) was about 15 my parents informed that henceforth, my brothers and I would have to purchase our own clothing. At the time during the summer I was a little league baseball umpire and earned $20 per game. I always had money and nice clothes at...